Training Contract Handbook
With expert contributions from dozens of trainees and associates from a range of market-leading City firms, plus comprehensive insights and insider tips from leading City trainers, authors and academics, this unique training contract survival guide offers:
- Explanations of hundreds of key legal concepts and contractual clauses, including the terminology, jargon and acronyms that you’ll likely come across in practice.
- A comprehensive insight into what trainees do, including practice area overviews, example trainee work-logs and a summary of the challenges trainees face.
- Insider tips on managing your workload, interacting with supervisors and demonstrating initiative.
- Expert guidance on how to effectively approach legal and business research, presentations, proofreading and written tasks.
- A summary of core commercial and contract law principles, including contract formation, the allocation of risk, limitations of liability, restrictive covenants, boilerplate clauses, security and insolvency.
- An insight into the M&A process, complete with an overview of key parties that are typically involved and issues that can arise
- Advice on how to project manage the M&A process, including an insight into auctions and bilateral sales, the role of key legal practice areas, and signings and completions.
- A comprehensive insight into complex due diligence exercises, including an overview of the role of trainees and the key issues to look out for.
- A detailed explanation of key transaction documents, including engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements, sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements and loan agreements.
- An insight into the work carried out by dispute resolution teams and an overview of key methods of dispute resolution.
- Explanations of key litigation documents and processes, including advice on how to co-ordinate large-scale document reviews.
- A practical guide to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.